Get to know in detail about the opioid treatment program
If you have a family member who is into severe opioid addiction, and you want him to quit that addiction, then trying at home is not going to work. Have you heard about the opioid treatment program? If not, then don't worry here you will get to know about it. It is a type of treatment program which consists of various therapies, and if a person joins this program then he will be able to quit the consumption of opioids.
Benefits of opioid treatment programs –
- Helps to prevent relapse – when a person finishes the treatment, he goes back to the same environment and people because of whom he started consuming opioids. This treatment program helps in relapse prevention, and a person also gets mastered in identifying triggers and high-risk solutions. After this treatment program, a person can successfully manage his cravings in their normal life.
- Effective therapy and counseling – everyone knows that the consumption of opioids is not good for both mental and physical health. A person starts consuming it because he went through some trauma or situation with which he was not able to cope. In this treatment program, they will get support from people who will help them to cope with this situation, and they also get a safe environment where they don't feel burdened at all.
- Variety of treatment options – there are various treatment options, based on a person's opioid consumption, and behavior he is suggested to take a suitable treatment which will help him to get rid of this addiction.
- Medical detox – not only the mental condition of a person is affected by consuming opioids, but also his physical condition is affected. In this program, some medical professionals help a person to overcome this addiction with good health.
What are the types of opioid treatment programs?
There are 5 types of opioid treatment programs, and all of them are mentioned below in detail –
- Hospital-based treatment – In this treatment, an addict needs to go to the hospital regularly from home for some specific time for the therapies.
- Residential programs – it is an inpatient treatment program in which a person has to live in the center throughout his recovery process. He is provided a safe and secure environment and also 24*7 supervision.
- Counseling and Behavioural therapy – in this treatment program a person has to undergo various counseling sessions that help to change the attitude and behavior of an addict. Also, slowly and gradually he learns to build healthy life skills. In this, there is also peer group counseling in which everyone tells what they are doing to cope with addiction.
- Medication – to overcome opioid addiction, doctors recommend three types of medication which are Methadone, Buprenorphine, and Naltrexone. These medicines help a person to reduce his cravings for opioids, and also they stop consuming them over some time.
- Medication-Assisted Therapy (MAT) – this treatment is the combination of all the programs that are mentioned above. Also, it is considered best because a person gets all therapies in one.